Taking the small things for granted, BMX

Moving to California has been a great experience for me and a really tough one. I have always lived with or close to family. I was so comfortable always relying on family that I never had to reach far from my comfort zone. When I moved here everything changed. I knew I wouldn't have any family and that it was going to be rough. Luckily we stayed with a great family until we found an apartment which put us into a great ward. I don't think I could have made it here this long without the ward that we have. The girls in my ward have been so great. It is becoming our California family. I have never been the outgoing type or comfortable calling others to hang out but the friends I have made in the ward have made it so easy and they all have been so sweet. It can get lonely talking to a toddler all day- it has been so nice to have park day, hang out, do activities together and trade babysitting or for dates. Just want to say thanks for making a really tough situation easier.

P.S. This message does not mean that blood related family should feel like they are getting off the hook. I love visitors. Please come visit! We miss u! Honestly- how can you turn a face like that down?

Here we are at Huntington watching the awesome bike show, these guys are all crazy good. Huntington Beach always has the funnest events all year long. We first watched a surf competition from the pier. Gotta love the beach!

4 comments:

  1. I can only imagine how difficult that would be. I'm so glad you have found people in your ward who have become your friends. It makes life so much easier. Hang in there.

     
  2. look at you with all the "stretching" and "growing" you've done by going out of your comfort zone!!! Sometimes It's painful, but it definitely makes us stronger. I found it to be true for me as well. Before last Christmas, we hadn't lived near ANY family for over 6 years!!! And I had 2 babies during that time.

    Your Ward TRULY becomes YOUR FAMILY. That's the great thing about the Church, and that's the way it should be. I'm so glad they have been there for you. That's awesome!

    I wish we could come to California right now to visit you guys. TRUST ME, anywhere is better than Texas right now. (just ask Penny). Some day, sister. Some day.

    How are you feeling these days?

     
  3. that colby sure does have a smile you can't resist. :) and I'm glad you're my friend too--it really does make life easier and more enjoyable. Amen to that. :)

     
  4. Riss - He is sooooo cute!! I just want to come down there are kiss him!!