Is it Possible.....

Is it possible to be home sick for your husband? Well, I think so. Darrin is my family, the only person that I have down here in California and he is gone all of the time. He has had to work some CRAZY hours lately and has to go out of town a lot. I am just complaining because it is night time and I HATE being home alone at night. I am home sick for my hubby!!!! ( Don't get me wrong, he has a nice boss, and has a job in a terrible economy, so I am thankful for that- just complaining to complain)
I spent the night at my friend, Kathryn, last night, I was joking with her that it's sad that my husband and her husband have stayed in a hotel together more times than I have stayed in a hotel with my husband. (Tehe :)
I have also learned something about myself, I am not motivated to do anything when Darrin is away. I think of all of these great things to do to keep myself busy like cleaning my house, it is never perfect with kids, but instead, the minute I put my chitlens to bed I go on shutdown mode. I feel like a zombie. I want to sit on my couch, talk to fam and relax. I need to be more self motivated and reliant.

6 comments:

  1. Oh, I'm so sorry Clarissa. That must be so hard. I wish you guys lived closer to your family and to us. Hang in there and good luck with everthing. I hope you and Darrin get to see each other more often. :)

     
  2. Someone in Texas loves you!!!
    ps-come visit!
    love, Mark and Melissa and kids

     
  3. hang in there girl...if it makes you feel better i am totally lazy when adam is gone too. it's like suddenly i just want to waist time and stay up late because i can. husbands can definetly keep life balanced.

     
  4. I remember those days. Matt used to travel ALOT. It stinks. I got more "used to it," but NEVER liked it.

    My advice is, make sure that when he IS in town, try to make it a point to go on a date, if you can. Swap weekend nights with your friend, Kathryn, so you can both go out on dates, with free babysitting!

    IT is SOOOOO nice, and worth it. It helped me stay connected with Matt.

     
  5. well im glad to know Im not the only one who is lazy sometimes. Since leaving work I have to write out my own "to do" lists or else NOTHING will get done! haha. Well you can ALWAYS call me!! I would love it :) and ps... I am extremely impressed that Darrin gets up in the night with the baby. bravo!

     
  6. I feel your pain about every other week and I am dreading this next week because Adam is leaving for a whole week. I also shut down. I swear life is so busy when he is around but when he is gone I am so bored and I don't make dinner because why do it. It stinks. Wish we lived close. love ya jen