Omaha, Nebraska

During Christmas break we decided on taking our job offer at Union Pacific, in Omaha, Nebraska. Tornado's here I come! We actually never thought we wanted to leave Utah but going to U.P. feels right and we know it is the right place for us. We will do a 12 week internship this summer before finishing up his last year at BYU's MBA program.
 I have never looked in too or considered Nebraska but I am way excited to try it out. Union Pacific is a very friendly family company, which is exactly what we are looking for. They treat their employees very well and it is a big company with ability to move up the corporate ladder.  Omaha is a family friendly city and ranked high in the US charts. Everyone that I have met or talked to about Omaha has loved it there. The zoo is supposed to be amazing so I will be excited to go to the zoo a lot with the munchkins.


......On a side note, this April Darrin will be going on a MBA business trip, to China and Thailand. We are very excited for this opportunity, he is going to be able to go to big corporations and see how they are run internationally. This will be a great experience!

2 comments:

  1. So...you are doing an internship there this summer? Then have a job after as well?

    One of my best friends lives in Omaha. Email me if you want her contact info! She could help you find a place to live or know at least in which areas to look!

     
  2. Wow, what a great experience for an MBA graduate! I am currently working towards my MBA, and I think knowing how businesses are run internationally is essential to success in the business world. Good luck with Union Pacific and the summer internship!