Hollywood Bowl


John Williams? Does that ring a bell? Well, if it doesn't don't feel bad, I had know idea who he was until Darrin told me. Seriously though, he is brilliant and truly a legend. Corny but I believe it after witnessing this concert. He is getting older in age and he seems like the sweetest talented old man who is also very humble. I am glad we decided to attend the concert.
First, the Hollywood Bowl is an outdoor amphitheater, nestled in the Hollywood hills. There is a park right outside where lots of people come to have a little picnic before the concert. We, of course, learned the hard way since we did not eat before hand and the food there was so expensive. (Coke makes a great dinner) Other than the food price, this was a great experience and plan on attending many more. Plus you can get very inexpensive tickets ($10) for some great performers.
Mr. Williams wrote the scores for movies like Star Wars, Superman, Jaws, Indiana Jones, Jurassic Park, E.T., Close Encounters of the third kind, The Olympic Theme, and Hook. (just to name a few). He also performed some songs that night from classic movies like Singing In The Rain, Sabrina and Seven Brides for Seven Brothers.
It was an Amazing Evening.

3 comments:

  1. You're hilarious! I love John Williams! You are also soooo tan. You're going to make me look white at the wedding. I think I need to hit the tanning beds next week. I'm excited to see you! Only a couple more days. Yea!

     
  2. CLARRISA! i was just blog stocking and i came across your cute blog and super cute family :) It has been forever since i have seen or talked to you...but im glad you are doing well! our boys are only like 2 months apart! where are you guys living? we will have to get together next time you are in boise!

    christine (siddoway) christensen

     
  3. Hey I am so sad that I miss you I wanted to see you and your cute baby. So how is Cali I wish we lived closer it would be so fun to get together You look great hope all is well