Why on earth am I pregnant?

This first trimester is HORRIBLE! I want Colby to have a sibling close in age but I have to say I am seriously considering being done with 2! Being pregnant is so hard. I know it is quite silly to complain about pregnancy because it is supposed to be a wonderful thing but boy do I have a hard time with it. I need to start being the type of person that looks at my cup and says it is half full- instead of how I perceive it.
I must say Darrin has been great! He has putting in long hours at work, plus he is doing side jobs so lately I feel like I don't have a husband. I know he is works hard for Colby and I but sometimes he is so sweet to me, I can't help but feel horrible! Especially right now, he comes home and the house is still a disaster! I can't stand the dishes or making any type of food and I take a nap every day- I am just so tired all the time. I hope this only lasts a few more weeks if that!

What do you all do to help make the first trimester go by easier? What snacks do you eat and how do you get more energy?

6 comments:

  1. I agree, pregnancy is horrible. I had a really hard time with both pregnancies too. Once you get over the first trimester, it is all worth it but it's hard to imagine what not being sick is like. When I was sick, I just lied on the couch and let Kelsey play. We would read stories and I would do my best to relax.

    As for snacks to eat...nothing really sounded good to me. I had a hard time finding anything that sounded remotely good and be able to keep it down. I really enjoyed Jamba Juices. That seemed to fill me up and tasted good. That's such a hard stage of pregnancy, I hope you get over it soon.

    By the way, how far along are you and when is your due date?

     
  2. Ugh. I'm so sorry. It is bad, isn't it? Nothing ever sounded good to me either. The only things I could gag down were super processed food like mac n cheese or cup o ramen or toast, oh and I drank alot of hot chocolate. :) Someone told me that popcorn was good. Just plain air-popped popcorn with salt.
    I hope you find something that works for you!
    That whole fist semester is a blur to me. Both times. Love ya!

     
  3. Dude. I'm right there with you. I HATE being pregnant, and anyone who says otherwise is just plain weird. It's an evil necessity to have kids.

    I've been told that high sugar content isn't good. Try to keep your stomach from being empty. Small meals and snacks all day. Besides that, I'm not much help with specifics. Ginger is supposed to help. Other people say mints do too.

    Good luck. "this too shall pass!" I thought you were brave to have another so close to Colby. But lots of people have their kids close together like yours will be. It's not for me, though, baby.

    Right now, you're just in "survival mode," as I call it. Don't be too hard on yourself about cooking or cleaning. That'll ALWAYS be there. FOr the rest of your life. So don't worry about it

     
  4. Hmm well I am not much help in the advice department since I didnt get TOO sick but I really hope you start feeling better soon! that definately sucks. Gatorade and saltines are supposed to be good on the stomach. I ate a TON of saltines for a while there. Good luck. Just remember, It will ALL BE WORTH IT IN THE END! :)

     
  5. PS- Happy Birthday Colby! He is looking so handsome these days!

     
  6. You can try Preggie Pop Drops. You can pick them up at babies r us. You just suck on them and they are great for morning sickness!