Why can they be such stinkers?


Today, I finally did it, I had to leave Colby in his room. I had to just let him cry. He hasn't even been totally bad, just everything built and all came crashing down, today. Today has been one of my busiest days in a long time, I had to finish my visiting teaching, have to still clean my entire house(an old friend is coming to visit), and I have been cooking and going to the store to get ready for Pine Wood Derby tonight. ( Which I also forgot to grab the chips and am still dreading going back)

Colby has NOT been a little helper today. I have been gagging all day (pregnant), which does not help when the little guy had the worst diaper today, and was squirming around and laughing while trying to change him. Next, he gets into my glue, I thought I put it in a safe place, nope! Next he just has been fussing and fussing and more fussing, all DAY!!!!!!!! Of course he is always at my side, he is stalking me. Today, has been crazy. I finally just had to put him down while I relaxed! So I am blog venting! He did not like going to sleep when it is clearly not his nap or bed time but he is going to have to stay in that crib for an hour. I need to calm down, before I see his cute face.

Am I like the only person that has had to do this? I am feeling like a pretty bad mom right now? I have never done this before.

I hate not having family here, if I did, mom you would have had to watch him all day long!! :)

6 comments:

  1. Don't worry, you're not the only one that does that. There are just some days where you need a break. Unfortunately, I have those days quite often. And I feel for you gagging while changing diapers. I had the hardest time with poopy diapers when I was at the beginning of my pregnancy. I would just dread changing them. By the way, I love the picture of Colby! He is getting so old and has tons of hair. What a cutie!

     
  2. I love how you called him "stalking" you! I'm totally going to use that on Benson. I also get stalked all day long and sometimes I have to separate myself and enjoy sometime alone with no one intruding in my bubble. Sorry you had a bummer day--but thanks for calling. It was fun talking to you last night!

     
  3. oh my gosh you are PREGNANT again?!! that is awesome!! I was getting baby hungry for a little while there...but I am not ready yet :) corbin is only 9 months. how old is colby?? do you know that was my 2nd choice on a name?! its been forever. you have a beautiful family!

     
  4. Seriously it's okay....that is totally what I would have done. Actually, I think there has been so many times that I have had to put to her down for a nap cuz she was being so crazy that now she has gotten really good at going right to sleep when I put her down. Of course, that only works in her own room and her own bed. Anyways...hang in there. We all have those days. PS: Thanks again for finishing our visiting teaching. You're the best. Let me know how it went.

     
  5. You are a great mom. Colby is a lucky boy! (And I am dying over that hair, btw. so cute!) Seriously, if that's the first time you have let him cry in his room you deserve a medal. :) You are in a tough time of life! Love ya.

     
  6. It places 3 Nephi 11:38 in a whole new light. I guess we will all have to learn to act like Colby.

    DAD

    PS Why do you think dads work late?