Bakin' with Colby








Today was chilly outside and was a lazy day. I have not been in the mood to cook at all this week and I noticed my bananas were looking quite sad and forgotten. While Ethan was taking his afternoon nap Colby and I decided to make banana bread.
Okay, so on occasion I may loose my patience every once in a while, hmmm imagine that. I was trying to think of jobs for Colby to do while helping me make the bread. He wanted to help sooo badly. His first was to unwrap the butter, he did a great job, next he helped stir all of the dry ingredients, also fantastic. His final job as my sous-chef, to help put all of the dry ingredients into the mixer. I told him he needed to be super careful so the ingredients could make it into the mixer. As he was scooping the ingredients out he happened to scoop a lot onto me. I let out a kind of loud arrrrr, in frustration. Normally I would have been way more frustrated and would than say he was done helping. I surprised myself and kept my cool. I sometimes shock myself :)   I was just starting to look down at my clothes to see how much spilled out and if I should adjust the recipe. Anyways, I look over and you could tell Colby felt horrible, he was slowly putting his spoon down and looked at me and said "I am all done now?" as he was climbing down his stool. I quickly smiled and explained the bread would be just fine and so would mommy. Colby loves banana bread and kept sneaking away with Ethan's. Cooking with kids is messy but I love it, I have the best job ever.



3 comments:

  1. Bakin with the Doodahs. Oh so much fun and an added bonus you get to wear it too. You are right about having the best job ever!
    Love, Mom

     
  2. i LOVE LOVE LOVE the picture of you and Colby!! You look so beautiful and he is just plain adorable! Send it my way.

     
  3. Colby is such a great helper. I love that about him.