Family date night




 We haven't been able to go on any dates since we moved to Nebraska and Darrin and I love our date nights! I think everyone who is married should always go on dates but since we don't really know anyone.... well enough, we are doing lots of family dates! The kids are loving this! A couple weeks ago we noticed the fireflies, they are SO much fun. I feel like a little kid, I love to run around and find them, and try to catch them.
For our family date night we had quite the party! We went out for dinner and then we went to the grocery store so the kids could pick out some yummy snacks for our movie night. We all got in our pj's and brought the beds downstairs and watched Cars and all slept in the living room together. Now this type of camping I can do! ( I know if I think that is camping- I am pathetic) We ate popcorn, had lots of snacks, soda and fun. Halfway through the movie it was dark enough outside to go chase the fireflies. Normally our kids go to bed early so they never get to see them but they thought that it was so fun and special to be up this late with mom and dad. They love fireflies, they love chasing them around! We came back in and finished the movie and then Darrin and I stayed up late watching shows. It was so nice having a fun evening with the fam and in the morning I made a killer breakfast (pinterest has the best ideas)  before heading off to the zoo!


2 comments:

  1. You are so cute and that post just put a big smile on my face! What a cute idea and what a special family you have. I agree, couples (and families) need to date. I'm anxious to get back in town so we can double up! MISS YOU

     
  2. I love this! We miss you guys like crazy. I really hope we end up neighbors someday (soon!)