Stressed? My work has ways of dealing with that.

Many people don't know that glass is extremely strong on the face but fragile on the sides. Most of the glass that we use at D&R is 1/2" thick ( Residential glass is typically 1/8"). 1/2" glass is so strong that you can throw a rock at the face and it will most likely bounce off and only leave a mark. But as you can see in the video, the slightest tap on the corner and the glass (tempered) explodes. This is a 100 SQFT piece of glass that costs thousands of dollars, it was rejected from an Apple job because of a few scratches (left by other people).

5 comments:

  1. That was awesome! You definitely work at the right place. They seem like really cool people. Reece and I have watched the video twice now and he's telling me he wants to watch it "again, again mommy".

     
  2. Loved that video. I need some glass to break. I would just keep an eye on it. If it seems like his neck is kinda stuck or he has a hard time moving his head to one side I would take him in, otherwise, just mention it at his next appointment and see what he says.

     
  3. Oh and Kimball said to try to prop him on the other side, so he doesn't lay on the flat side. Like you can roll up a blanket and put it under a shoulder so he is propped off the flat spot. Does that make sense? But if his neck is tight then go in right away. If the pediatrician says it's a concern, you will probably want to take him to a physical therapist. Feel free to ask us ?s any time. We are like the flat spot king and queen now. :D

     
  4. Clarissa! Sorry it's taken so long. I'm a little crazy these days! But, I live a little over an hour from you which is practally 10 miles away in California terms! I live close to Magic Mountain. We'll have to get together. My favorite store is actually opening there next week so I was planning a visit to Rancho soon anyway! I would love to see you and meet your cute family!

     
  5. Nice Darrin