Vote YES on Prop 8

One week until the upcoming 2008 election. The biggest concern for us Californians is Prop 8. Voting YES on Prop 8 restores and protects a traditional marriage between a man and a woman. I have been making calls telling others to go out and vote. Today Darrin and I stood on a major street corner in Rancho holding signs and letting our fellow city folks know where we stand. We have both never felt more out of our comfort zone but we know we are doing the right thing. Some people on the opposing side have been behaving pretty poorly which makes this even harder to stand up for. I know as a mother I will move out of California before someone teaches that being gay is okay to my child. This is not an environment I want Colby or any child in. I do not need teachers telling children that this is appropriate. We are asking for everyone's help, you can donate money at www.ProtectMarriage.com or call friends and family who live in California to please vote Yes on Prop 8.

3 comments:

  1. That is very brave and cool of you guys! We have a prop 102 in AZ that is the same thing but it is to "keep" it the law,...not restore it. It is pretty scary that it is becoming so accepted. Also, while you're at it, Vote yes on the CA prop 2 to stop animal cruelty. I saw a thing on Oprah about how bad animals are treated on farms (namely pigs, chickens, and cows). The show seriously had me crying. I'm sure you could you-tube it if you wanted. In support of that, also buy cage-free eggs and free-range pork/beef too. :) what are you guys doing for Thanksgiving?

     
  2. We are going to Boise, what are you doing?

     
  3. I am so proud of you guys, that is awesome that you are out there fighting for the right thing. You inspire me to stand up for what you believe in even when it is against the popular vote.