Ethan is born


 Second time around. Since my first delivery was so crazy and scary the doctor decided it best to induce me early. I was induced 10 days early. When I arrived they said I could choose pitocin or cervagel, they said I was already having little contractions so they told me it would be faster if I tried cervagel. Not true, and because I went that route I couldn't get pitocin for 24 hours and no epidural when I wanted. Grrrr! I wish my doctor was there but Kaiser is kind of a joke. I was hooked up and relaxed until about 8 that night. The pain started getting really bad and I was not allowed to get an epidural until I dialated to a 4. If my doctor was there I should have had one, but no luck. I don't understand why I can't get an epidural when the pain gets really bad. Other woman are dialated super fast and get drugs right away and don't feel anything. I dialate from a 2-10 in like an hour. Yes, hours before I am dialated I am in strong labor and get nothing because I am not dialated. So stupid! Yes, that is my opinion. Finally by about one in the morning I told them if they can't give me an epidural then they better get me something else. They did and it did not help much but it helped a little. The pain was really bad by 5 am and they checked me and I was finally a 4. They moved me to a labor room and Darrin had to leave the room for the epidural, yeah Kaiser is weird. The nurse wasn't being all that nice because by this point I was almost crying the pain was so bad and I kept telling the nurse that she needs to check me because I knew I was then at a 9 or 10. I am sure the nurse did only to amuse me, assuming I would be wrong. I was right! I had the epidural in for a good 5 minutes and the nurse told me not to do anything as she went looking for the doctor. Ethan was born a little bit later. I was extremely happy that Ethan came out healthy. I would have preferred drugs longer but everything went smoothly. Still a great improvement from my first delivery and am extremely happy Ethan is healthy and there were no complications! 





0 comments: