New Arrival




I am happy to announce the arrival of Ethan Gabriel Craner. He arrived Friday the 4th at 6:15 a.m.

My Story;
I went to the hospital on the 3rd READY to be induced. They got me right in and hooked me up to the monitors, once monitored for an hour the charts showed I was already having contractions. ( I just thought it was braxton hicks) The doctor decided to start with the cervadel instead of using pitosin. Once they started the gel I would have to wait 12 hours then they were going to do another 12 hour round if nothing happened and then the pitosin. I was not so happy about going this route. I wanted my baby that day. By 9 that night my contractions were coming every 2-3 minutes and still little progress. Finally at about midnight my contractions were really hurting and when they checked I was still not dilated or effaced. By this point I was not in a good mood, I was in a ton of pain and they wouldn't give me an epidural until I was a 3. I spent the next three hours crying and praying that I would be dilated. Finally 3 am rolled around and my prayers were answered I was at lucky number 3. I was than wheeled into the nice spacious delivery room, the room we were in should be called a closet. At this point I was in a ton of pain, throwing up and waiting on my epidural. A little after 4 he arrived, I was nervous because they make the husbands leave during the procedure, I would have liked to have Darrin by my side to help calm me down during my contractions. That needle is a little nerve racking. After the anesthesiologist finished I told the nurse I was feeling tons of pressure and that she should have another look. I was an 8! I knew I should have received my drugs sooner! After that the nurse barely had enough time to get Darrin back to my room and get my room ready.
I was happy with the delivery, everything went quite smoothly. This labor was a hundred times better. I am currently enjoying my mommy and husband who are taking great care of myself, the baby and Colby.  




Taking him home from the hospital, hey I could walk easier after this one!
The day we got home from the hospital, Colby was all smiles for his new baby brother!


12 comments:

  1. he is a cutie!!! i'm glad you had a good time with your mom. :) moms are the best!

     
  2. He is so cute, good job. Iam am glad your experience was much better. Hope to see you soon

     
  3. Happy Day!!!! More pictures please!!! I'm a little high maintenance but two pictures won't be good enough. Just kidding, you look great and I'm super happy everything went well. Just wish I could be there.

     
  4. OMG I am so excited for you! I was getting worried for you when I read that you were at an 8 already so soon. Im glad your epidural worked well this time ;)He is just so precious and Colby is an adorable big brother. What a cute little family you have! Tell your mom hi for me if she is still there. (and you can tell her that we took our family photos with Averi in the dress she gave her)

     
  5. I'm glad this labor was so much better. Check out your email, I sent you some good advice!! :)

     
  6. YAY!! Congratulations Claire! He is PERFECT!! I hope my labor goes 100x better with this next pregnancy! (i had to have a c-section last time!) Hope all is going well and you are easily adjusting to 2 babies!

     
  7. OMG I am just like Juliann, IHigh maintenance and need more pictures please!! Ethan is sooo cute! What a beautiful family Rissie!
    Our love to you all!
    The Glynn's (mostly me though!)
    aka Jeri

     
  8. Congrats! so happy for you!

     
  9. Oh my gosh Clarissa. That pic of Colby and Ethan is so cute. I hope you are having fun for the holidays. Glad everything went well with Ethan

     
  10. Congratulations! I'm so glad everything went well. I love the pictures and would love to see more. I hope Colby is doing well with a baby to share the spotlight with. We wish you all the best.

     
  11. This is what happens when I don't blog for months! I stop looking at other blogs too! Congratulations! What a cute bunch of boys you have! Hope you are adjusting to two with ease and that you had a great Christmas!

     
  12. Ethan and Colby are soooo cute:)WE love you guys:)