Millers Hollow

At the Kanesville Tabernacle stands a statue of my Great, Great, Great, Great Grandfather Henry Miller from my Mom's (Byers) side. His brother, Daniel A. Miller, is my Great, Great, Great Grandfather on my Dad's (Miller) side. Hmmmm... AND Daniel Miller's wife, Clarissa Pond, is who I am named after! :) Both Henry and Daniel were Captains of several hand cart companies. Legend has it that they always timed the trips right and never lost a soul. In fact, a journal entry tells the tale of one particular company crossing a swift river.  A pregnant woman and her wagon were caught by the current and dragged down stream.  Suddenly, Henry jumped on top of the wagon, cut the top open with his knife, and pulled the pregnant woman to safety! Wow! I am proud to have some great family heritage. It was nice to be able to visit my ancestor's home.

Kanesville was originally named Millers Hollow! How cool is that!

4 comments:

  1. that is awesome! YOu'll have to take us there when we come visit some time!

     
  2. So neat! I love that story!

     
  3. you look amazing!!

     
  4. You look great. You're SO skinny!!