G & G Miller, and The Angel's Game


This weekend we moved out of the pool house, ( which we will miss-that place was awesome) and into our own apartment. Wow! We have not had one of those for 2 1/2 years. I am very excited to have our own place. The down side, I am horrible with change and reality struck- I am now officially home by self with the baby. Before I always had company when Darrin was away. His parents, the Scott's but now it's just me. I will need to think of things to keep me busy until I get used to this. I could unpack everything but I do not want to at all.
When we moved into our new ward we asked if they could help us move, which is the first time we have ever asked the church for help. Darrin said 14 people raised their hand to help us move so we were hoping on five. Darrin got started moving the heavy stuff with the help of Richard and Bryan so it was my job to go to the church and bring the help to the storage unit. I got there and not one person was there. I did not know what to think. My dad was with me, I was embarrassed- here we thought we had an awesome ward and not one person comes to show up. I call Darrin to tell him the bad news and that I would wait 15 more minutes and then take off. As we were about to leave my Dad decided to see if there was a phone number on a church door for the bishop so we could see if we could get some help. As he was doing this he saw a huge group of cars and people just waiting on the other side of the church building. ( I know what you are thinking, I drove by that side but the parking lot tucks away so I missed seeing all of the cars) Including us we had 11 people help us. Such a relieve!
My parents came down and helped us move from Glendora to our apartment in Rancho Cucamonga. Which was a huge help. Colby loves having extra attention. After a lot of hard work trying to get organized Saturday night we went to our first Major League baseball game at the Angel Stadium. We had a blast, we were able to see some great plays.

5 comments:

  1. I'm glad you went around the other side of the church building!!!

    I know this sounds cheesy, but the BEST thing I ever did after we moved to Topeka Kansas (Matt's first job out of BYU) was look into and joing "MOMs Club." I found out about it from several friends at church but it was a local organization of Moms that had regular activities planned twice a week for moms and their kids. Even though my oldest, Allison, was only 6 months old at the time, it was still great for me. I got to meet people, I learned where the fun, kid-friendly (and cheap/free) places to go were, and I also made some good non-LDS friends too, which is great. Look it up at momsclub.org, I think. I"ll double check that, but you can google it if that 's not right. There should be a way to type in your address and see a local "chapter" to join. They have groups based on where you live geographically. I'm serious. MOMs Club saved me. Definitely something to look in to.

     
  2. Another tip: I found that the more I stayed home, the harder time that I had. If I "got out" it was alot better. So go exploring around where you live. See where things are and what's around you. And then just get out ---- go to parks, go on walks, call some people at church and get together with them. Anything that got me out of the house was helpful. I had to leave my comfort zone and talk to people -- neighbors, people at church. Once I did, people found out that I wanted to participate in stuff and I'd ask them what they did with their kids. I'm going through the same thing now . . . just be prepared that it takes time. I'm sorry this is so long, but another thing that really helps me too, is to get as involved in the ward as possible. GO TO ENRICHMENT! I know it seems like something your Mom does, and feels weird at first, but the more you go to things and meet people, the faster you feel included and the loneliness goes away sooner.

     
  3. Yay! Your own place! I'm glad that you have an awesome ward, that will help alot. :)

     
  4. You and Colby look so cute!!! Benson has that same shirt from gap!! The striped one in the picture with your Mom!!!
    See you soon.

     
  5. I am so excited for you. You are going to have to put pics up of your new home. love ya